Representative Payee Services
Support Management Services has been granted the right to offer Representative Payee Services from the Social Security Administration. These services are designed to promote successful independent living. These services include the following:
- Collecting SSI or SSDI income.
- Bill paying.
- Reconciling bank statements.
- Budgeting and cash flow management.
- Preparing annual SSA accounting and tax return preparation.
- Coordination of outside services, including referrals to other service providers.
- Negotiation with creditors to reduce debt.
- Tracking income and expenses for budgeting and tax deduction reporting.
- Providing user-friendly financial reports.
- Interfacing with support team including family and other professionals.
- Capturing all important personal information (financial, legal, insurance, credit cards, investments) -and ensure this data is readily available when needed.
- SMS is authorized by the Social Security Agency to charge a fee for this service.
SMS does not provide any case management services with regards to addiction and mental health. These must be obtained through an outside provider. SMS requires all clients to keep active case management to assist with maintaining disability services.
If you are interested in enrolling in this program, please complete the Client Intake Form. Case Managers/Social Workers will need to fill out the Care Worker Referral Worksheet. All clients enrolled in the Representative Payee Services will need to complete the Client Funds Document, SSA-6164 Advance Notification Form and SSA-787 Physician Statement. Physicians statements must be less than 90 days old and are now necessary for payee changes.
All completed forms can be faxed to 1-866-214-3062.
You can also mail the completed forms to
Support Management Solutions
P.O. Box 17952
Ft. Mitchell, KY 41017-0952